Application Phase Finished
The application phase concluded on 11 March 2013, most applicants were informed of the outcome of their application on 12 April 2013. A small group of applicants was assigned to a waiting list. These people also received a respective mail, and will receive final information by mid May 2013.
Some frequently asked questions
There have been repeated questions regarding the poster sessions. Posters are a long-standing tradition at the MLSS. Each applicant is asked to bring along a poster presentation covering some of their own work. This does not need to be published work (ongoing work, or work resulting from undergraduate projects is also fine, were applicable). While the day program covers broad areas of general interest, the poster sessions offer participants a chance to discuss their own work with their peers. The poster presentations will be a relaxed affair: Posters will be distributed across a room, with participants presenting to small groups of two or three standing in front of their posters.
The fees for the school cover tuition, lunch, coffee breaks, and the banquet. For this year, the fees are
- For students (including PhD students): 250.00 EUR
- For other academics (including postdocs): 500.00 EUR
- For professionals: 750.00 EUR
- Mon, 11 February 2013: application system opens
- Mon, 11 March 2013: deadline for applications
- Fri, 12 April 2013: notification of acceptance
- Fri, 10 May 2013: registration fees due
- Mon, 26 August to Fri 06 September 2013: MLSS takes place
A very limited number of stipends will be available to students in need of financial support. Recipients of such stipends were informed of the details in their confirmation mail.